I work in downtown Auckland and also regularly meet employee clients at or near to their workplaces.
I offer employees legal advice and advocacy across a broad range of employment related issues, including:
- Personal grievances for unjustified dismissal and unjustified disadvanatage
- Negotiation of "exit packages"
- Formal, independent investigations
- Workplace bullying disputes
- Sexual harassment disputes
- Age, race, and other human rights related discrimination disputes
- Performance management processes and challenges
- Misconduct processes and challenges
- Restructuring/redundancy processes and challenges
- Restraints of trade and confidentiality provision advice/breaches
- Stress related health and safety claims
- Contract drafting, reviews and interpretation disputes
- Employment related jurisdictional disputes
- Individual and collective negotiations
- Practical strategies for workplace problems
In many cases it is in my client's best interests to resolve employment related tensions promptly and that can often be achieved. When disputes are formalised I act for clients in mediation and in the vast majority of cases a resolution is found there. It is important that you go into mediation well briefed on what will happen and with a realistic understanding of the possible outcomes. On rare occasions it is necesary to proceed to the Employment Relations Authority and I am an experienced and determined advocate in that setting. Only exceptional cases will proceed to the Employment Court.